Historical information about the object
The monument was first solemnly erected in 1898 on the main street of the city with the participation of Ivan Franko, Stefan Kovaliv and other famous people on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the poet’s birth. In 1968 it was transferred to the central part of the Boryslav City Park of Culture and Recreation. The monument was built at the expense of workers of the oil and ozokerite industry of Boryslav. The author of the bust is a famous Lviv sculptor Tadej Baroncz (1849-1905). The bust is made of bronze, on the brick pedestal.
Boryslav, Taras Shevchenko street, 37
Ownership of the object
Preservation for 2021
Object category (type)
- Boryslav, Taras Shevchenko street, 37